The kettlebell windmill is a great exercise to build core strength and improve flexibility. This kettlebell workout is also known as the low windmill.
How to perform the kettlebell windmill
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart with a kettlebell between them.
- Extend the right arm so that it is over your head and touching the ear.
- Look at the right hand and rotate the torso toward it.
- Whilst looking at the overhead hand, bend the left hip until the left hand can grab the kettlebell.
- Stand up, keeping the left arm straight.
- Repeat five times then switch sides.
Important notes about the kettlebell windmill
- Keep your eyes on the hand without the kettlebell.
- Keep the kettlebell close to your body.