The Kettlebell Press (also known as the Single Press) is an excellent exercise to increase strength in the shoulder, arms and back muscles. The Kettlebell Press should be added to any workout that aims to strengthen the upper body.
How to perform the Kettlebell Press
- Clean the kettlebell to your shoulder, at the end of the clean the palm should face forward.
- Bend your legs slightly, then drive upwards and simultaneously push the kettlebell overhead and lock your arms.
- Hold the kettlebell overhead for two seconds, then lower the weight to the shoulder and repeat.
- Look straight ahead throughout the exercise.
- Use a light weight to use the exercise as a warm up.
- Engage (tense) your gluteal and core muscles to increase stability.