The kettlebell deadlift is a basic exercise that targets the lower back, gluteal and hamstring muscles. The exercise can be used as a warm up with a light weight. Once you have warmed up, increase the weight for a full kettlebell workout.
How to perform the kettlebell deadlift
- With feet wider than hip width apart, sit back and grab the kettlebell.
- Standup with the kettlebell, ensure the back is kept flat.
- Lower the kettlebell between the ankles and repeat.
- Use this exercise to learn the difference between bending the waist (not desired) and creasing at the hips (desired).
- Keep the back straight.
- Engage the scapular muscles in your shoulder.