The one handed overhead squat is an advanced kettlebell exercise. This should only be attempted after mastering the single press and the clean and jerk. This exercise is an excellent all body workout.
How to perform the one handed overhead squat
- Perform the Kettlebell Single Press so that you have a kettlebell in the overhead position.
- Rotate the torso and look at the overhead kettlebell.
- Perform the squat and keep your non-working arm extended for balance.
- Use a light kettlebell when first attempting this exercise.
- Ensure that you are thoroughly warmed up.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
- Look at the kettlebell throughout the workout.
- Extend the non-lifting arm.