The kettlebell one arm jerk is a great all round exercise. The one arm jerk creates strength and endurance for many muscle groups in the body. With a light weight and a good pace, it can also be used for aerobic exercise. This is a great exercise to add to your kettlebell workouts.
How to perform the kettlebell one arm jerk
- Clean a kettlebell to your shoulder. This is the start position.
- Go in to a half squat, then drive your legs and hips upwards.
- At the same time, push the kettlebell overhead.
- Repeat five times then switch sides.
Important notes about the one arm jerk
- Keep looking at the kettlebell.
- To increase muscle endurance, use a light weight and lots of reps.
- Hold the kettlebell at the top of the jerk for a 2 second count.
- This is exercise should be performed after warming up.
- Keep the back straight.