The kettlebell push up is excellent for developing the shoulder, bicep and chest muscles. Due to the instability of the bottoms up push up, the exercise also challenges the core muscles. It should be performed after you have warmed up.
How to perform the kettlebell push up
- Kneel, with a kettlebell in front of you.
- Invert the kettlebell and place your hands on it’s base.
- Adopt the push up position and perform push ups with hands on the inverted kettlebell.
- This is exercise should be performed after warming up.
- Keep the back straight.
- Engage (tense) your gluteal and core muscles to increase stability.