The kettlebell double clean is the most commonly used method of getting the kettlebell in to the “racked” position. This makes it an important exercise to learn before progressing to more advanced kettlebell workouts that use two kettlebells.
How to perform the kettlebell double clean
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with the kettlebells in front of you.
- Go in to a squat position, then grasp the kettlebells, and swing them backwards through your legs.
- As the kettlebells swing forward, keep them close to your body.
- Loosen the grip and rotate the arms resulting in the palms facing upwards.
- At the apex, the kettlebells should be resting on your outer arms with the elbows and wrists locked.
- Allow the kettlebells to fall by loosening the grip.
Important notes about the kettlebell double clean
- If your goal is increasing muscle endurance, use a light weight and lots of reps.
- Learn the rack position before starting this exercise.