The kettlebell clean is probably the most commonly used method of getting the kettlebell in to the “racked” position. This makes it an important exercise to before progressing to more advanced kettlebell workouts.
How to perform the Kettlebell Clean
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart with the kettlebell in front of you.
- Go in to a squat position, then grasp the kettlebell, and swing it backwards through your legs.
- As the kettlebell swings forwards, keep it close to your body.
- Loosen the grip and rotate the arm resulting in the palm facing upwards.
- At the apex, the kettlebell should be resting on your outer arm with the elbow and wrist locked.
- Allow the kettlebell to fall by loosening the grip.
- Exhale as you drive the kettlebell.
- Engage your core.