The kettlebell clean and jerk is a great kettlebell exercise that can strengthen the entire body. It is an all round exercise that can help improve strength, flexibility and aerobic fitness. The clean and jerk is also a foundation to more advanced kettlebell exercises, therefore, we recommend adding this to your kettlebell workout.
How to perform the kettlebell clean and jerk.
- Clean a kettlebell to your shoulder.
- Go in to a half squat, drive your legs and hips upwards.
- Simultaneously, push the kettlebell overhead.
- Loosen the grip and swing the kettlebell back between your legs.
- Repeat five times then switch sides.
Important notes about the kettlebell clean and jerk
- Warm up before starting this exercise.
- The last step is important. Do not attempt to press the kettlebell overhead, without performing the half squat first.