The kettlebell bottoms up clean is a great exercise to start learning the demands of the unstable “bottoms up” exercises. It is an important exercise to learn before moving on to more advanced kettlebell workouts.
How to perform the kettlebell bottoms up clean
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart with the kettlebell in front of you.
- Go in to a squat position, then grasp the kettlebell, and swing it backwards through your legs.
- As the kettlebell swings forwards, push your hips upwards and swing the kettlebell to shoulder height.
- At the apex, the kettlebell should be upside down.
- Allow the kettlebell to fall by loosening the grip.
Important Notes about the kettlebell bottoms up clean
- Exhale as you drive the kettlebell.
- Engage your core muscles.
- Focus on balancing the upside down kettlebell.