The double clean and jerk is an amazing kettlebell exercise that can help strengthen many muscle groups. The double clean and jerk is an advanced exercise which should be performed once you have mastered the intermediate kettlebell exercises.
How to perform the double clean and jerk
- Start with feet wider than shoulder width and have two kettlebells in front of you, on the floor.
- Sit back, grab the handles and swing the kettlebells backwards between your feet.
- At the end of the back swing, drive your hips upward and clean the kettlebells to shoulder height.
- Perform a half squat, drive hips upwards and push the kettlebells overhead, so that your arms are extended.
- This is an advanced exercise, ensure that you have mastered the kettlebell clean and jerk before attempting the double clean and jerk.
- The last step is important, do not attempt to press the kettlebells overhead, without performing the half squat first.