The two handed overhead squat is an advanced kettlebell exercise. This should only be attempted after mastering the single overhead squat and the double clean and jerk. A great deal of upper body flexibility is required for this workout.
How to perform the two handed overhead squat
- Perform the Double clean and jerk so that you have two kettlebells in the overhead position.
- Perform the squat whilst keeping a straight back and looking forwards.
- Use light weights and a spotter when first attempting this exercise.
- Ensure that you are thoroughly warmed up.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
- Ensure your scapular is pulled back.