The alternating shoulder press kettlebell exercise combines core strength with an upper body workout and is one the easier of the advanced kettlebell exercises. This is a great workout for the shoulder and bicep muscles. The exercise also requires core strength and focus in order to control the upside down kettlebells.
How to perform the alternating shoulder press
- Start with a kettlebell in each hand.
- Clean both kettlebells to shoulder height. The kettlebells should finish upside down.
- Take it in turns to press each kettlebell straight up. Look up at the kettlebell that you are pressing.
Important Notes about the alternating shoulder press
- Use a light kettlebell and more reps to increase muscle endurance.
- Ensure that you look at the kettlebell that you are pressing.
- Maintain tight core muscles whilst pressing.